MULCH, PINE STRAW (NEEDLES) BALED
DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE NOW
THIS PRICE INCLUDES $2 DELIVERY FEE.
PICK UP COST IS $12.99/BALE; PAY IN PERSON.
ONE BALE OF PINE STRAW WILL COVER 50 - 100 SQUARE FEET.
IF AREA HAS BEEN MULCHED BEFORE, IT WILL COVER MORE AREA USING LESS.
Here are some benefits of pine needles as mulch:
• It is the most sustainable mulch. It is organic, but no trees are harmed to make it.
• They are really easy to spread in your garden.
• Pine needles harbor no diseases that can rot your siding.
• It doesn’t sprout weeds.
• There won’t be any termites in the mulch.
• It doesn’t “crust” and prevent water from getting to the plants.
• There are no chunks that need to be removed each year.
• It holds its color much longer than other mulches.
• You will need to use less of it each year.
• Pine needles are great for acid-loving plants, such as azaleas, magnolias, daffodils, holly, begonias, marigolds, and many summer fruits and vegetables.
The only downside we have found to using pine needles is in excessively windy areas, where it blows around more easily than other mulches. If you wet it immediately after spreading it, it is less likely to blow away, but we don’t recommend it for high-wind areas. A typical bale of pine needles covers 50 - 100 square feet, depending on whether the area has been mulched before. We have found that the best pine needles come from the tree farms in the Carolinas.
THIS IS CAROLINA LONG NEEDLE PINE.